• Project: Lauridsen Amphitheater
• Location: Water Work Park, Des Moines, Iowa
• ALUCOBOND® PLUS: 2, 125 square feet of 4mm; Sakura and Reflect Mirror Finish
• Architect: RDG Planning & Design
• Fabricator: Metal Design Systems, Inc.
• Installer: The Waldinger Corp.
• General Contractor: Henkel Construction Co.
Photography © Joe Crimmings
The new Lauridsen Amphitheater constructed at Water Works Park in Des Moines, Iowa, stretches toward the sky just like the surrounding oak trees twist and stretch toward leafy canopies in this riverside woodland. Encompassing 1,500 acres, Water Works Park – which is situated next to the Raccoon River west of Gray’s Lake – is one of America’s largest urban parks and a critical source of clean drinking water to 500,000 Central Iowans.