Two additional product thicknesses deliver enhanced design flexibility
Davidson, NC – November 30, 2022 – 3A Composites USA is pleased to announce that ALUCOBOND® AXCENT™, its line of flat aluminum sheets, is now available in three thicknesses – .040”, .063” and .080”. The expansion of the ALUCOBOND AXCENT line is a testament to the company’s more than 50 years of reputable performance and its investment in continuous improvement and innovation as it enters the metal facade market with a larger offering. While the original .040” thickness is well-suited for commercial projects that specify painted metal trim for windows, high-traffic entryways and elements such as fascia, flashing and roof caps, ALUCOBOND® AXCENT™ .063” and .080” provides robust additional capabilities.
The new thicknesses are an excellent noncombustible option for metal wall panels and cladding installed over solid substrates or hat channels; likewise, It is an ideal choice for metal trim, soffits and columns that require larger spans and demand greater durability. ALUCOBOND AXCENT .063” and .080” is available in eight stock colors, 58 made-to-order colors at low minimum quantities and custom colors to meet the needs of every project. The offering of ALUCOBOND AXCENT flat sheets in complementary colors to ALUCOBOND PLUS aluminum composite material supports the overall vision and design aesthetics of architects and designers by providing a cohesive color palette and material for nearly every application.
Other key features of ALUCOBOND AXCENT .063” and .080” includes:
- Custom length availability which helps to eliminate jobsite waste and provide cost efficiencies
- Pre-painted surface which reduces project delays and delivers superior color uniformity
- Formability, which may be achieved with brake-bend methods for dynamic curves, shapes and panels
- Tension-leveling during manufacturing, which ensures flatness and enables ease of fabrication and enhanced machinability
- Protective sheet masking designed for use with most fabrication methods and machinery
“At 3A Composites USA, we are committed to bringing only the highest quality finishes to market and meeting the needs of customers and designers,” Nick Scheib, general manager, Architectural Division, 3A Composites Americas. “The line expansion of ALUCOBOND AXCENT is representative of our endeavor to be the industry leader in aluminum composite materials and high-quality metal facades.”